Editor at Large Steve Hecht is a businessman, writer, and film producer, born and raised in New York. He has lived and worked in Guatemala since 1972. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance, both from Columbia University. He has worked on development projects in Guatemala to help the country leave its underdeveloped state and reach its great potential. Realizing the misconceptions prevalent about Guatemala and Latin America in the outside world, he has written for the Washington Times, Daily Caller, Fox News, Epoch Times, BizPac Review, Washington Examiner, Frontpage Mag, New English Review, PanAm Post, and PJ Media and appeared as a guest on national American media programs including the Lars Larson Show. Steve’s reporting has included meeting with coyotes, the human smugglers who have ferried millions of illegal immigrants into the United States via Guatemala’s 595-mile border with Mexico.
Posts by Steven:
- Nuestros problemas son más profundos que Biden
- How Biden Will Fund Criminal Socialists in Guatemala
- A Message for Kamala Harris on Her Trip to Guatemala
- The State Department versus Rule of Law in Guatemala
- El Departamento de Estado versus el Estado de Derecho en Guatemala
- Cómo la USAID exporta lo peor de EE. UU.
- The Forces Driving Central American Migration
- El principal obstáculo para la prosperidad de Guatemala
- The Chief Obstacle to Guatemalan Prosperity
- Cuba: An Opportunity to Right the Ship on Latin America