June 10 Hearing on Judicial Independence in Central America
- Rep. Chris Smith: 6:18–17:49
- José Luis González Dubón: 46:30–52:45, 1:47:13–1:50:31
- Irina Bitkova: 52:55–1:04:13
- Rep. Smith & Irina Bitkova: 1:25:48–1:34:21
- Rep. Smith 2:01:02–2:02:15: “I’m a great believer, and this is why whether it be Natan Sharansky, the great Jewish refuse-nick, or Nelson Mandela, or any other person who has suffered, they are often a tip of the iceberg. So, if there is corruption against the Bitkovs, there is very likely corruption at a whole other lot of levels.”
Additional Testimony of Guatemalan Law Professor José Luis González Dubón
Watch the full clip aired on Vea Canal here.
As we improve our quality and deepen our coverage, we wish to make the Impunity Observer financially sustainable and reader-oriented. In return, we ask that you show your support in the form of subscriptions.
Non-subscribers can read up to six articles per month. Subscribe here.