Articles on Guatemala’s Judiciary and the United States
Abbreviations and people:
CC: Guatemala’s Constitutional Court
Robinson: former US Ambassador Todd Robinson 2014–2017
Arreaga: former US Ambassador Luis Arreaga 2017–2020
Porras: Gloria Porras, magistrate Robinson forced onto the CC
DOS: US Department of State
AmCham: American Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala
CICIG: UN-created International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala
Aifán: judge Erika Aifán, promoted by the DOS and Arreaga, works closely with Porras
- “Jailed Guatemalan President Reveals Phone Call with Hillary Clinton,” Daily Caller (April 4, 2016): After former President Otto Pérez discussed his call with Hillary Clinton, he related what he knew about Robinson forcing Porras onto the CC.
- “Is Guatemala’s Attorney General a Woman of Courage or Compliance?” Daily Caller (April 4, 2016): Former Attorney General Thelma Aldana continued persecution of military veterans in the Sepur Zarco trial. Presiding Judge Yassmin Barrios committed illegalities in the trial. She had illegally issued a guilty verdict, later reversed, in the Ríos Montt genocide case.
- “John Kerry, the Captain Obvious of American Diplomacy,” Daily Caller (April 21, 2016): Secretary of State John Kerry promoted the genocide trial. Robinson forced Porras onto the CC, all while violating Guatemala’s sovereignty.
- “Obama’s Ambassador Plays Caligula South of the Border,” Daily Caller (May 6, 2016): Robinson forced Porras onto the CC. Asked about his violation of Guatemala’s sovereignty, Robinson said, “In the list of my concerns, sovereignty comes last.”
- “Obama’s Apparatchik Still Runs Riot in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (January 23, 2017): The DOS, Robinson, and the CICIG tried to change Guatemala’s Constitution to ensure continuing guerrilla successor control of the country’s judiciary and criminal prosecution.
- “AmCham Demands Guarantees for Foreign Investment,” Impunity Observer (February 22, 2017): AmCham issued a statement about the CC illegally suspending a hydroelectric plant from operating and the extensive economic damages that could ensue.
- “CICIG and the Rule of Law: Imperialism in Latin America,” Liga Pro-Patria (April 25, 2018): An in-depth explanation of the case cited by AmCham.
- “Correcting the Media Narrative on Illegal Immigration,” Impunity Observer (March 14, 2017): The judiciary protects illegal political activities that promote migration.
- “Secretary Kelly and the Trump Team Can Beat Sex Trafficking,” Daily Caller (May 10, 2017): The Obama policy was to impose guerrilla successors on Guatemala’s three branches of government. The Sepur Zarco case against military veterans was based on falsified evidence and violations of due process.
- “Where to Place the Crosshairs in the War on Drugs,” Daily Caller (July 31, 2017): Obama policy exacerbated illegal flow to the United States. Control of the CC is critical. Robinson threatened CC magistrates to obtain the rulings he wanted.
- “Sovereignty Be Damned: United Nations Shows Its True Colors in Guatemala,” Daily Caller (September 22, 2017): The UN partners with Porras for the CC to illegally order co-equal branches of government to stop the president’s expulsion of the CICIG commissioner.
- “Why Trump Has to Clean Up Obama’s Mess in Guatemala,” Fox News (September 22, 2017): The judiciary protected Marxists that Obama supported as part of the open-borders agenda.
- “A New Bill of Rights and Expectations for Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (December 29, 2017): Originally published by OpsLens, the page is no longer available on the site. The Impunity Observer republished it. From the section on Guatemalan courts: “A review of public records and transcripts indicate that the courts are rampant with arbitrary rulings and selective prosecution that favors the extreme leftist clients and agenda.”
- “Bitkov Case Scratches the Surface of CICIG Misdeeds,” Impunity Observer (May 15, 2018): A Helsinki Commission hearing on the Putin-persecuted Bitkov family exposed the CICIG as criminal. It coordinated with Porras to “incarcerate and intimidate political opponents.”
- “The Russian Collusion Democrats Won’t Talk About,” Impunity Observer (January 15, 2019): A detailed explanation of judicial perfidy against the Bitkovs.
- “Guatemalan Judiciary Continues Putin’s Dirty Work,” Impunity Observer (August 4, 2020): The judiciary illegally sentenced Irina and Anastasia Bitkov to 14 years in prison, showing the illegal conspiracy between the CC and US embassy favorite judge Aifán. Persecution of the Bitkovs continues with gross violations of due process. The current environment precludes the law being properly applied to the Bitkovs. Their fate rests on establishing rule of law in Guatemala.
- “CICIG and the Rule of Law: Soviet Show-Trials in the Americas,” Liga Pro-Patria (April 25, 2018): This report is part of the Helsinki Commission’s record of the Bitkov hearing (April 27, 2018). Judge Aifán violates attorney Moisés Galindo’s rights in multiple ways. This could not happen without CC support. Three and a half years later, the prosecution has not presented evidence to the defense, and the CC denies habeas corpus.
- “Back in the USSR: UN Commission Sends Defense Attorney to Guatemalan Gulag,” Impunity Observer (May 15, 2018): Interview with victim Moisés Galindo.
- “CICIG and the Rule of Law: UN Commission in Guatemala the Enemy of Its Own Mandate,” Liga Pro-Patria (April 25, 2018): An armed group descended from the guerrilla persecuted and tortured Casimiro Pérez, a Mam indigenous person. Perez sought protection from the judiciary. Instead, it protected the group, as did the CICIG.
- “America’s Future, with Partisan Justice, Is Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (June 21, 2018): This contains an extensive explanation of the Guatemalan judiciary’s criminal role in imposing totalitarianism on the country.
- “An American Stuck in Jail for Years, Thanks to the State Department,” Impunity Observer (July 26, 2018): Embassy perfidy includes denying rights to US citizens. While this does not mention the judiciary, without its violations of law and the Constitution, Anthony Segura would not have spent even one day in preventive detention without trial instead of four years.
- “US Citizen Held Hostage in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (January 2, 2019): Open letter from Anthony Segura about judicial abuses against him to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
- “Deep State Undermines Trump, Backs Show Trial in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (July 26, 2018): The trial of military veterans known as Molina Theissen was corrupt from its conception to its sentence. The DOS was part of it, as it had been with Sepur Zarco.
- “Anti-Kavanaugh Mob, Socialist Guatemalans Are One and the Same,” Impunity Observer (July 26, 2018): “The interdependence of the CICIG and the Constitutional Court, with support from the State Department, guarantees the flow of illegal gang members, drugs, and migrants from and through Guatemala to the United States.”
- “The Deep Stater Undermining Trump in Central America,” Epoch Times (October 30, 2018): With more detail about Robinson’s takeover of the CC for the socialist agenda than had been available in 2016.
- “The Globalist Show of Power Is a Show of Weakness,” Impunity Observer (July 26, 2018): A court accepted a case against a former minister previously acquitted on the same charges. “Only a corrupt, politicized judiciary would accept the baseless and obviously political case.”
- “US Ambassador Flips the Bird at His Boss,” Impunity Observer (November 30, 2018): Arreaga attended an event in contradiction to Trump policy. The forum featured judge Erika Aifán. In an illegal conspiracy with the CC, Aifán continued persecution of the Bitkov family.
- “Why Nationalism Beats Globalism for Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (January 9, 2019): The CC partners with the CICIG and UN to violate international law and Guatemala’s.
- “CICIG and the Rule of Law: The President versus the Commissioner,” Liga Pro-Patria (April 25, 2018): In 2017, the CC and the CICIG conspired against the president, international law, and the Constitution to stop the lawful expulsion of the CICIG commissioner.
- “State Department Stealing Election, Backing Socialism in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (February 26, 2019): The CC became the key element to steal the 2019 elections. Its magistrates illegally ordered Congress to not process a complaint against them.
- “US-Guatemala Cooperation Plus Border Wall Needed to Cut Illegal Immigration,” Fox News (March 13, 2019): “Obama imposed guerrilla-successor allies in key Guatemalan government positions. They protect illegal armed gangs that force rural populations to participate in their criminal activities, including destroying businesses, invading private property, and denying police access to their area.”
- “Democrats Confirm Socialist Wares with Plan to Sanction Guatemalans,” Impunity Observer (March 18, 2019): Democrats propose US sanctions against those who disobey CC This describes CC criminality.
- “The Onslaught of Lawfare against Trump, Netanyahu, and Guatemala’s Jimmy Morales,” Washington Examiner (March 28, 2019): Lawfare is the use of a legal system as a political weapon. “Unimpeded and unscrutinized in Guatemala, the grossly illegal persecution of political opponents—show trials, incarcerations, and asset confiscations—has intimidated civil society and the public.”
- “US Officials Are Enemies of Democracy in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (May 8, 2019): CC facilitated electoral authority criminality to steal elections.
- “Silence on the Harm to Guatemala and US Interests,” Washington Times (June 12, 2019): AmCham criticized CC closing hydroelectric plants at behest of guerrilla successors. AmCham said, “We are in a period of radical ideological movements by social-conflict groups, with distortions and open opposition to any investment project, that do not show they legitimately or democratically represent the communities.”
- “How Trump Can Defeat Democrats on Illegal Immigration,” Impunity Observer (July 10, 2019): The DOS and Democrats supported the CC, which was instrumental in fixing the first round of the 2019 presidential election.
- “Deep State Winning, United States Losing Guatemala Election,” Impunity Observer (July 15, 2019): Many Democrats have stood by the CC, even as illegal rulings piled up. Breaking socialist CC control would have liberated border inhabitants from their oppressors, reducing the flow of illegal migrants and drugs to the United States.
- “Trump and Guatemalan President Must Confront Runaway Court,” Impunity Observer (July 16, 2019): CC tried to undermine Trump’s asylum agreement with Guatemala.
- “State Department Treachery Hijacked Trump-Morales Agreement,” Impunity Observer (July 18, 2019): US ambassador and CC succeeded in canceling President Morales’s visit to the White House regarding asylum agreement between the two countries.
- “Trump Halfway to Curbing Illegal Immigration from Central America,” Impunity Observer (December 11, 2019): Trump overcame CC and US embassy efforts to undermine the asylum agreement with Guatemala. Regardless, the CC continues to subvert Guatemala’s freedoms. The CC is another wing of the US Democratic Party and plays along with its shenanigans.
- “Guatemalan Court Harms US National Security, 2020 Election,” Impunity Observer (August 6, 2019): The CC was central to the battle between President Donald Trump and Democrats regarding illegal immigration. CC magistrates have made illegal, political rulings favoring a socialist agenda with support from the US embassy and key Democrats since 2016.
- “Democrats Subvert Guatemala for Anti-US Agenda,” Impunity Observer (August 7, 2019): The CC protects successors to the Fidel Castro-supported guerrilla, who promote open borders. Trump’s asylum agreement with Guatemala threatened Democrats’ agenda by reducing the flow of illegal immigrants. Trump could have closed the deal by working with Morales to apply the law to the corrupt CC.
- “Rule of Law the Victim of Nancy Pelosi in Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (August 10, 2019): In Guatemala, Pelosi praised judges she says fight corruption. Pelosi was photographed between judges Yassmin Barrios and Erika Aifán, both with public histories of rulings in violation of the law and defendants’ constitutional rights.
- “How Guatemala’s Asylum Agreement Can Help Trump’s Reelection,” Washington Times (August 15, 2019): After Trump threatened tariffs, visa restrictions, and fees on remittances, Guatemala signed the asylum agreement. Although lacking authority, the CC would normally annul the agreement, but that would have brought Trump’s wrath. The resulting attention would reveal the CC’s long history of illegal, political rulings. The agreement stood.
- “Judicial Dictatorship Engineered Guatemala’s Constitutional Crisis,” Impunity Observer (October 16, 2019): CC magistrates unconstitutionally interrupted the process for appointing Supreme Court and Appeals Court magistrates to wait for what they believed would be a more friendly Congress in January.
- “The Deep-State Swamp Has Submerged Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (October 24, 2019): With threats of imprisonment and visa revocation, Robinson forced his socialist allies onto the CC. The Robinson court perfected the Obama-Biden policy of protecting radical collectivists from prosecution and persecuting legitimate authorities for trying to apply the law. Robinson’s successor, Luis Arreaga, continued the policy.
- “High Court the Enemy of Guatemala’s Development,” Impunity Observer (November 5, 2019): The CC is voiding the country’s Constitution its magistrates have sworn to uphold. The CC has subordinated the legislative and executive branches through illegal rulings and placed its three-magistrate majority above the law by squashing actions to confront its lawlessness. The CC violates human rights, decreases economic opportunity, and increases narcotics smuggling and illegal migration to the United States.
- “White House Delegation Underlines Importance of Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (January 13, 2020): The presence of Ambassador Arreaga overshadowed the positive message of the Trump delegation to the inauguration of President Alejandro Giammattei. Arreaga had used the CC to undermine Trump and harm Guatemala and the United States.
- “US Ambassador Imposing Socialism on Trump’s Watch,” Impunity Observer (February 3, 2020): Arreaga immediately began to undermine the new Giammattei administration in favor of his socialist allies. Control of the CC was essential.
- “Guatemalan Constitutional Court Throws Constitution under Bus,” Impunity Observer (March 30, 2020): After the 1996 peace accords, the Fidel Castro-supported guerrilla morphed into NGOs that continued the socialist conquest agenda. Guatemala’s Congress passed a law requiring NGO transparency. Arreaga and the State Department vehemently opposed it. The CC illegally voided the law.
- “Socialist Joe,” Impunity Observer (April 17, 2020): A Biden administration would bring socialism to the United States based on what he had done in Guatemala.
- “Why the US Ambassador to Guatemala Must Be Fired,” Impunity Observer (May 20, 2020): The CC issued an illegal ruling to let their co-conspirator prosecutor illegally eliminate candidates for magistrate Arreaga opposed.
- “Center for the Defense of the Constitution Declaration,” Impunity Observer (June 1, 2020): Cedecom states the 35th anniversary of the Constitution “comes amid the judicial branch’s abnormal extension of its mandate beyond the non-extendable period established by our Constitution [and Cedecom will] continue exposing actions by authorities that deviate from a constrained exercise of power, undermine the Guatemalan Constitution, and are contrary to the nation’s democratic institutionality.”
- “Lawlessness Is Biden’s Tactic for Power at Home and Abroad,” BizPac Review (June 15, 2020): Without naming the CC, the AmCham quote refers to illegal CC rulings having created a destructive environment by protecting conflict groups attacking investment and people.
- “Guatemalans Will Pay for Lawfare against Mining,” Impunity Observer (June 26, 2020): Legal uncertainty due to illegal judicial rulings is harming investment in Guatemala and consequently economic growth.
- “The Fallacy of Biden as Return to Normal,” BizPac Review (July 6, 2020): A prescient title. Biden’s policies subjected the poorest and most defenseless Guatemalans, especially in border areas, to cruel and arbitrary rule by the successors to Castro-supported guerrillas. Biden orchestrated the socialist takeover of criminal prosecution and the judiciary.
- “Why Socialists Resort to Slash and Burn,” Impunity Observer (July 13, 2020): The Obama-Biden administration set the stage for revolution in the United States and a socialist regime in Guatemala. Biden bludgeoned Guatemala’s president to extend the CICIG, which the embassy used to control the CC. The CC’s term ends in 2021, and the socialist cabal must retain control to steal the 2023 election. This battle is now occurring.
- “Guatemala’s Constitutional Crisis Explained,” Impunity Observer (July 17, 2020): Consultation with the constitutional attorney and former professor of constitutional law José Luis González about several key issues regarding the CC. González’s lawyerly answers reveal much about the CC.
- “Hecht: An Obama Third Term Is on the Ballot,” BizPac Review (July 22, 2020): I witnessed Obama and Biden imposing the successors of Fidel Castro-supported guerrillas on Guatemala. I saw Obama’s and Biden’s willingness to break any law to achieve their objectives. As they did in Guatemala and as Democrat officials at the state and local levels do now, Biden officials would protect the criminal gangs on our streets and persecute their political opponents.
- “Open Letter: The Truth about Guatemala’s Constitutional Crisis,” Impunity Observer (August 3, 2020): Eleven prominent individuals and 12 civic groups representing more than 1.4 million Guatemalans sent an open letter to Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy requesting an independent study of the issues raised in a letter to Nancy Pelosi from an undemocratic group of Guatemalans. The key issues were the future of the CC and its effects on the United States.
- “8 Reasons Why a Biden Presidency Would Be Poison for Guatemala,” Impunity Observer (August 17, 2020): Biden would impose the same lawlessness he did as vice president, with a corrupt, socialist CC as an integral part.
- “Biden’s Radical Revolution: Hidden in Plain Sight,” BizPac Review (August 20, 2020): Biden would do the same to the United States he did to Guatemala. Biden placed allies of the Fidel Castro-supported terrorists in control of criminal prosecution and the judiciary. They persecute legitimate authorities for doing their job. It is little wonder authorities are hesitant to apply the law. Does this sound familiar?
- “Polar-Opposite Election Outcomes: Liberty versus Tyranny,” Epoch Times (October 9, 2020): Without mentioning Guatemala, the author bases this prediction on observations of what Obama and Biden did in Guatemala. “Biden denies being a socialist, but his platform and team, including Harris, are socialist through and through.… Biden fomented chaos in Latin America. Millions of immigrants would come to the United States.”
- “Why Obamagate Conspirators Must Face Justice,” Impunity Observer (October 13, 2020): Guatemala must avoid becoming what Biden promotes in Latin America and preserve liberty. “I have written and spoken publicly about Democrats imposing corrupt, arbitrary justice on Guatemala in the name of fighting corruption. Acting as Obama’s point man, Biden orchestrated the takeover of Guatemala’s criminal prosecution and judiciary.”
- “The Democrat Plan to Steal this Election and Many More,” BizPac Review (October 15, 2020): After packing the Supreme Court, Democrats would violate the Constitution and the laws. They would persecute their enemies and impose their policies, just as Biden’s high-court magistrates and allies have done in Guatemala.
- “Florida Campaign Showcases Biden’s Anti-Americanism,” BizPac Review (October 30, 2020): As in Guatemala, an independent judiciary is our defense against corrupt prosecutors. With the executive and judiciary, and a compliant Congress, a socialist one-party state would become reality. The political persecution of enemies subservient to executive power is a hallmark of dictatorship. It is also the Democrat vision for the United States.
- “Why Joe Biden Needs an Army of New Immigrants,” Impunity Observer (December 29, 2020): Trump correctly saw Guatemala as the key to stop the flow of illegal migrants. Biden also sees Guatemala as the key to assure the flow of illegal migrants. Biden co-opted the judiciary and criminal prosecution, which exacerbated unemployment, violence, and migration.
- “Joe Biden’s First Test: How Long Before the Migrant Monsoon?” Impunity Observer (January 25, 2021): Insecurity and lack of opportunity have pushed the millions of illegal immigrants now in the United States. Biden exacerbated those conditions when he was the point man for Obama in Central America, and he will exacerbate them even more as president. The current magistrates of the CC have impeded appointments of new magistrates. The guerrilla successors are waiting for their partner Joe Biden to rescue them.
- “Biden Attack on Guatemalan Judiciary Foretells Attack Stateside,” Impunity Observer (February 1, 2021): The Biden regime and its crony-capitalist and media partners are promoting division and repression by illegally targeting political opponents. Those who doubt this need to examine how the regime imposes criminality on an important ally: Guatemala.
- “Joe Biden’s Strategy to Flood the United States with Migrants,” Impunity Observer (March 8, 2021): Biden’s State Department and National Security Council intervene openly in the appointment of CC magistrates for the 2021–2016 term. Guerrilla-successor control of the CC is essential for the Biden agenda. It would guarantee open borders and a continual flow of migrants to the United States.
- “What Biden’s Migrant Monsoon Portends for America,” Epoch Times (March 14, 2021): Biden and his functionaries downplay pull factors and claim they will mitigate push factors in Central America. If Biden succeeds in imposing criminal socialist magistrates on the CC, he will increase the flow of migrants.
- “Guatemala at Crossroad with Appointments to Constitutional Court,” Impunity Observer (March 22, 2021): Guatemalans resist Biden regime pressure to once again appoint Biden’s magistrates to the CC. This summarizes examples of CC criminality.