IO Podcast | Episode 2
Nicaragua’s road to serfdom under strongman Daniel Ortega has mesmerized observers. Marco Navarro-Genie, a Nicaraguan political scientist living in Canada, explains how the Sandinistas took over the country and whether the United States should brace for another wave of Central American migrants.
- Follow Marco on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Visit the Haultain Research Institute.
- Read his work on the Frontier Centre and Western Standard.
- Get his book on Augusto Sandino and read Fergus’s review of it.
- “The End of the Road for the Nicaraguan Revolution,” Impunity Observer.
- “The Break-Up: COSEP’s Love Affair with Daniel Ortega,” Impunity Observer.
- Watch Nicaragua Was Our Home, a documentary by Lee Shapiro.
- Carlos Chamorro’s Twitter account and media outlet Confidencial.
As we improve our quality and deepen our coverage, we wish to make the Impunity Observer financially sustainable and reader-oriented. In return, we ask that you show your support in the form of subscriptions.
Non-subscribers can read up to six articles per month. Subscribe here.