IO Podcast | Episode 2
Nicaragua’s road to serfdom under strongman Daniel Ortega has mesmerized observers. Marco Navarro-Genie, a Nicaraguan political scientist living in Canada, explains how the Sandinistas took over the country and whether the United States should brace for another wave of Central American migrants.
- Follow Marco on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Visit the Haultain Research Institute.
- Read his work on the Frontier Centre and Western Standard.
- Get his book on Augusto Sandino and read Fergus’s review of it.
- “The End of the Road for the Nicaraguan Revolution,” Impunity Observer.
- “The Break-Up: COSEP’s Love Affair with Daniel Ortega,” Impunity Observer.
- Watch Nicaragua Was Our Home, a documentary by Lee Shapiro.
- Carlos Chamorro’s Twitter account and media outlet Confidencial.
Join us in our mission to foster positive relations between the United States and Latin America through independent journalism.
As we improve our quality and deepen our coverage, we wish to make the Impunity Observer financially sustainable and reader-oriented. In return, we ask that you show your support in the form of subscriptions.
Non-subscribers can read up to six articles per month. Subscribe here.